Friday, March 23, 2012

* Graduation

S1998392, LRBI2059: 2B 3D 4H 5B 6H 7F FA SF JF SRI

For a decade of wearing the green plaid skirt, I still can't believe today was the last.

Time flies so fast. Graduation is tomorrow. 10 out of 17 years of my existence were spent in Zobel.

Why does it have to end so soon? Yes, they say college is fun but, as of now, I can honestly say that all my years in Zobel were the best years of my life, so far. Well, duh. I spent my whole life there.

I'm actually finding it hard to think a word that will describe how I'm feeling right now. I'm excited, at the same time scared. Nervous, at the same time, relieved. I'm happy, at the same time, sad. I don't know why it's so hard to let go.

We had our baccalaureate mass this morning and after receiving communion, the things I told God were mostly words of thanks. Recalling all the years I've spent in the institution, I can say that they were full of blessings. In forms of friends, teachers, opportunities, or even failures... I was so overwhelmed that tears actually filled my eyes.

I honestly have no idea if I'm gonna end up crying tomorrow. I think I will but, when I am in the verge of crying, I'll try to remind myself that this is not the end, but the beginning of something greater.

"Our everyday is now gonna change. We're so close to the end, there's nothing left to say. If I could I'd still press reply, over and over, I'd do it again."

I may not be going to DLSU for college but, I will always, and forever be a green archer.

Live Jesus in our hearts, forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment