Thursday, May 17, 2012

* Note

I wish I could go back to the first time I met you, and turn the other way. I'll make this clear, this is not a love letter.

Sometimes I wish that I could hurt you. Make you feel the pain you made me feel. Make you cry, like how I cried. But you know, if I really did have the chance to, you know I wouldn't. If I treated you the way you treated me, I don't think you would have lasted like I did. When I was looking for someone, I looked around, you weren't there. If having a someone who should make you feel secure, made you insecure, think about it. Is your temporary happiness worth the long term pain?

You won't get what you truly deserve if you're too busy trying to hold on to something you should be letting go of. It is easy thinking about the act.. but to put it into action is another thing. It's never easy to let go of something you cherish so much. Something that made you feel special, or even loved. What keeps you holding on? Is it really the person you are missing, or the feeling of being with someone?

If a person has built up a wall, it is because he or she is afraid. It was built brick by brick, lie after lie, heartbreak after heartbreak. Crying is a language, spoken by the eyes when the mouth can no longer speak of the pain of a broken heart.

Love is mysterious and we can't live without it. It is a driving force in people and it gives them strength. It is something that consumes. Something dangerous, yet sweet. People long for it, but afraid to give it. It gives hope, yet takes it away. I guess, the irony in it is what makes it special.

Everything is going to be alright, maybe not now, but eventually. My life, my choices, my mistakes. I will forgive, but I will never forget. Once my respect is lost, damn hard to get it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment